Today is April Fool’s Day, but the following list is absolutely no joke.
Six Things That Are Ruining My Life Right Now
1. My bra strap broke mid-morning with an audible snap and a literal sinking feeling in my bosom. I wasn’t doing yoga, or stretching, or prancercizing, or really doing anything other than tappity-tap-tapping away at a Very Important Email. I temporarily fixed my bosom situation with a savior safety pin that is pinned in my purse at all times, but I guarantee by the time I get home from work I’ll have a safety-pin shaped indent in my left shoulder blade.
2. I auspiciously chose a cute pair of strappy sandals to wear to work this morning, walked to lunch while carefully hugging my chest (see: broken bra strap), and was rewarded for my efforts by a sleety snow storm for my walk back to work. Drooping bosom AND frozen toes. Lovely.
3. Complete lack of a Girl Scout Cookie Emergency Cache.
4. I just suffered through the worst conference call of recent memory for which I was woefully unprepared (see: no Girl Scout Cookie Emergency Cache).
5. Three-thirty-o-clock hit and my hair has thrown up a white flag of surrender (see: sleety snow), of course there is not a hair elastic or suitable pen in sight. My hair is currently staving off being sheared completely simply with a rubber band and a few paper clips.
6. It is only Tuesday.
Anything ruining your life today?