This summer is already promising to be super crazy and busy in the work-family-life balance sheet, but I do want to make sure I get a solid run of awesome things in before the weather turns cool again. Blue Eyes and I will have his kids for 3 weeks in July, and I certainly hope they can participate in many of these with us. However, I also know that most of that time will be spent with family and family is first. The following is my bucket list to be completed between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend:
- Visit the farmer’s market – bonus points for riding my bike
- Wear white pants successfully
- Climb a mountain, a big one
- Make homemade ice cream
- Roast marshmallows with my stepkids
- Dangle my bare feet in a cold mountain stream
- Attend a bonfire – bonus points for spending the evening updating our plan for the zombie apocalypse
- Make out with that very handsome husband of mine, a lot
- Sleep under the stars – bonus points if I can see the milky way
- 21 days as a vegetarian
- Go to a baseball game (one will suffice), and sit on the lawn
- Run a 5k for a good cause
- Many, many photo walks around my neighborhood and the surrounding canyons
- Go to a rodeo, yeehaw!
- Hike in red rock country
- Read a whole pile of books, a big pile, obviously
- Dinner in the canyon – bonus points for cooking said dinner over an open fire
- Attend an outdoor concert
- Eat lots and lots of corn on the cob
- Watch the sunset from a beautiful vantage point
- Keep my tomato plant alive
- Make it to September without getting any tan lines (meaning, no tan, not nekkid tanning)
- Go to the wildflower festival, take an inordinate amount of photos
- Go to Food Truck Thursday for lunch
- Take a midnight walk, preferably with an enormous full moon and a sky full of stars
- Schedule a personal day off work, take myself out to brunch and get a pedicure, for no other reason than I can.
- Go camping
- Eat strawberries off the vine – bonus points if they are sun warmed
- Visit one of the formal gardens in my city
- Go on an overnight motorcycle adventure with my sweetheart
Expect a full report in September! What is on your bucket list for this summer?
Yes to all, but especially #7!
Love this! I haven’t made my summer bucket list yet but it’ll probably consist of making sure I spend time reading outside, BBQing, spending time at the beach or a pool and exploring my city a bit.
I love the idea of exploring your own city, I feel it’s something I need to do more of as well!
Wear white pants successfully, that’s a dicey one!
Um, yes. Yes it is. I have done it before, so there’s no real reason why I can’t do it again…but yes, it’s gonna be a stretch!
Most of my bucket list items are destination-based. I took the day off today and visited the Antietam battlefields, which has been on my bucket list for a while. I’m headed down to Richmond tomorrow and will probably visit a formal garden on Tuesday. (Yay for annual leave time!) Also, I must watch The Sandlot; watching that movie is like the official start of summer for me.
Parts of The Sandlot were filmed in a town near my home, the carnival scene, to be specific. I remember how excited everyone was about that movie! I swear I’ve seen it about ten thousand times. 🙂
Love it. We’ve been rocking #19. 🙂
Mmmmmm, corn on the cob! 🙂
Love bucket lists!!! So many fun things on this one! One thing on mine-make lots and lots of popsicles!
Oooooh, like special popsicles!? Fruity ones? Chocolatey ones!? Creamy ones!? ALL OF THE POPSICLES! I WANT ALL OF THE POPSICLES! 🙂
Pingback: Bucket List: After | Feisty Harriet
Pingback: Summer Bucket List: 2015 | Feisty Harriet