Last summer I wrote a pretty lengthy summer bucket list and left about a third of it undone. I mean, I still had a great summer, but I also feel like I bit off much more than I could chew as far as checking things off a list. So, this summer my list is much shorter and more manageable…hopefully.Some are repeats from last summer because, frankly, some things should be done every summer. That being said, this is my last summer in Salt Lake City (sob!) and I want to maximize my time here, especially in my beloved mountains.
Summer Bucket List: 2015
- No tan lines or sun burns (I know, boring and “adult,” but burns cannot happen for me.)
- Say “yes” to adventure!
- Sleep under the stars
- Hike to the top of a mountain, a big one
- Summer kick off bonfire
- Go to a rodeo
- Run a 10k
- Go to the farmer’s market, make meal with purchases
- Make homemade ice cream
- Outdoor movie (either at the drive in, or in someone’s back yard)
- Attend the wild flower festival
- Dust off my big camera, take more pictures
- Spend as much time as possible in the mountains: hiking on school nights, camping on weekends, dinner in the canyon with friends
And, I am forcing myself to stop at 13 instead of trying to edit this to a more even sounding 15. Thirteen things to do–some of them pretty significant–is plenty for a summer where I also have to go to work every day and go to some conferences and do the laundry and wash the dishes and blah blah blah. Also, a disclaimer: even though it’s already June, I am counting “summer” as the time between and including Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend.
What is on your list for summer? Do you have any big trips planned? Stay at home activities? What are you doing to stay busy and stay sane?